Flowers have been used for centuries to cure ailments, added to culinary dishes, and inspired artistic expressions in literature. Is it a stretch to assume that placing a bamboo plant in your home can attract abundance and financial prosperity or that a peony can help you attract love?
According to the ancient Chinese art of feng shui, it’s possible. In feng shui (which translates as "wind-water"), flowers are considered powerful symbols that can enhance the energy and harmony within a space. The choice and placement of flowers are carefully considered to attract positive chi and create a beneficial environment. By thoughtfully incorporating flowers into a space according to Feng Shui principles, one is believed to invite positive energy, uplift the atmosphere, and create a sense of well-being and vitality.
Positive energy flower placement tips for the home
Everyone knows that pretty flowers can uplift a mood - but they also play a decisive role in feng shui. Renowned for their ability to harness positive energy, discover the type of flowers that can elevate the chi of your living environment below.
Feng shui for the bedroom
According to Feng Shui principles, some of the best flowers to have in the bedroom are:
- Peonies: Peonies symbolise romance, love, and prosperity. They are believed to attract positive energy and create a harmonious atmosphere in the bedroom.
- Lavender: Lavender is renowned for its soothing and calming properties. It promotes relaxation, improves sleep quality, and creates a peaceful ambience in the bedroom.
- Chrysanthemums: Chrysanthemums represent longevity and purity. They bring a sense of balance, harmony, and positive energy to the bedroom.
- Cherry blossoms: Cherry blossoms are associated with beauty, new beginnings, and the transient nature of life. They evoke a sense of serenity and can enhance the overall tranquillity of the bedroom.
- Lotus: The lotus flower symbolises enlightenment, purity, and spiritual growth. It can foster a sense of peace, serenity, and spiritual connection in the bedroom.
Feng shui in the living room
Several flowers and plants can enhance energy and create a harmonious atmosphere. Here are some of the best choices:
- Money Tree: The Money Tree is believed to bring good luck and financial abundance. Its braided trunk and lush green leaves make it popular for attracting prosperity and positive energy.
- Lucky bamboo: Lucky Bamboo is known for its association with good luck and positive chi. It is believed to bring harmony, balance, and prosperity to the living room.
- Peace Lily: A peace lily is a popular indoor plant that purifies the air and creates a serene environment. It also symbolises peace, harmony, and spiritual balance.
Feng shui at the front door
Selecting the right flowers and plants for the front door can invite positive energy and create a welcoming entrance. Here are some ideal choices:
- Geraniums or begonias: Red is a powerful colour symbolising luck and good fortune. Red potted flowers like geraniums or begonias near the front door can attract positive energy and create an auspicious first impression.
- Potted citrus trees: Citrus trees, such as lemon or orange trees, are associated with abundance and prosperity. Placing potted citrus trees near the front door can symbolise wealth and bring a fresh and vibrant energy to the entrance.
- Lavender: Lavender is known for its soothing and calming properties. Potted lavender plants near the front door can create a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere, inviting positive energy and relaxation.
- Boxwood: Boxwood is often used for its ability to maintain its green foliage all year round. Boxwood represents longevity and resilience, providing stability and protection at the front entrance.
- Purple Salvia: Purple salvia is a beautiful flowering plant associated with transformation and positive energy. Its vibrant purple blooms can add a touch of colour and vibrancy to the front door area, attracting good fortune and enhancing the energy flow.
Feng shui in the kitchen
Incorporating fresh and vibrant flowers and plants into the kitchen can bring positive energy and enhance the nourishing atmosphere. Here are some flowers and plants considered best for the kitchen:
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers symbolise vitality, abundance, and positivity. Their bright and cheerful presence in the kitchen can uplift the energy and create a lively atmosphere.
- Gerbera daisies: Gerbera daisies come in various vibrant colours and are believed to bring joy, positivity, and creative energy. Placing them in the kitchen can add a cheerful touch to the cooking area.
- Mint: Mint is a herb that can thrive in the kitchen. It symbolises freshness and abundance. Its aromatic presence adds flavour to dishes and infuses the kitchen with a refreshing energy.
Flowers and plants to avoid in your home
According to Feng Shui principles, there are certain plants that are advised to be avoided in the home. These include plants with sharp thorns or spikes, plants with drooping or wilting leaves, and plants associated with negative symbolism or energy.
Plants with thorns or spikes are thought to create disruptive energy and can be seen as inauspicious. Drooping or wilting plants are associated with a lack of vitality and may be considered as bringing down the energy of a space. Plants with negative symbolism, such as those associated with decay or mourning, are believed to attract unwanted energy.
Give the gift of positive feng shui with stunning floral arrangements from Mordialloc Florist
Elevate the energy of a loved one’s space with our thoughtfully curated bouquets, designed to bring harmony, beauty, and vibrant energy to a home or office. Whether you're seeking flowers for the arrival of a new baby, a celebration, get well soon or just because, our expert florists can craft arrangements with a deep understanding of Feng Shui principles.
With our exquisite floral creations, you can create an atmosphere of positive chi and inspire a sense of well-being for your loved ones. Experience the power of flowers and embrace the transformative energy of Feng Shui with Mordialloc Florist.
Pick-up from our store or same-day delivery across Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula is possible.